Registration is now closed due to lead time required for COVID-19 Protocols. If you would still like to register, are vaccinated and boosted (per building requirements) and have proof of vaccination, reach out to [email protected]. We may be able to expedite and allow for late registration.
Thursday, June 30, 2022
- 1:00 PM
- 1:10 PM
- 1:40 PM
- 2:00 PM
For local news sites, it can be tough to gain a competitive edge over national outlets. To address this challenge, Inquirer.com is using live-streaming and real-time technologies to engage passionate sports fans with Gameday Central, a live and collaborative video experience where fans can interact with one another and respected sports journalists before, during and after NFL, NBA, MLB and NCAA games and other major sporting events.
In this fireside chat, get a behind-the-scenes look at the technology that’s powering Gameday Central and learn:
- Why Inquirer.com built a multi pillared strategy around sports coverage.
- How Gameday Central provides a seamless experience and generates meaningful data.
- How Inquirer.com has generated a 4.5X increase in on-site engagement and 14% increase in registrations.
- 2:30 PM
- 2:50 PM
- 3:20 PM
- 3:40 PM
Product and tech teams today are fighting an uphill battle: Their goals have never been more ambitious and the competition for readers has never been tougher. To overcome these challenges, your mission is to create a standout user experience that drives engagement, builds first-party data, and keeps readers coming back.
But how? In this discussion with Ariscielle Novicio, Head of Technology and SVP at The New York Post, we will explore:
- How The New York Post's initial experiment in community around Post Sports+—their premium, subscription-gated sports vertical—became a fundamental pillar of their ambitious growth strategy;
- What all publishers can learn from their experiment in community;
- The factors to consider when choosing a strategic partner for growth; and
- How transforming your readers into a true community unlocks data, loyalty, and growth.
- 4:10 PM
This session will go beyond generalities on generational differences to tangible tactics and strategies BuzzFeed uses to qualify and quantify employees' diverse needs. Peter will also discuss how this insight has informed tech strategy, communication style, and remote-first culture.
- 5:00 PM
Group discussions around what’s next in product and tech - a networking happy hour with your peers.